Monday, March 5, 2007

Happy Malbec to Me!!!

Yesterday was my birthday, hubby wanted to take me out to celebrate, but the weather was crummy and I had a lot of school work to do, so I made us a huge pan of lasagna instead. I opened up a bottle of malbec that Kleo (who's been MIA for a while) had given me. Kleo's a fan of malbecs; the few I've tried were ones that she's introduced me to. I wasn't hugely crazy about them, although they were Argentinian and a bit too full-bodied for me. I prefer red wines that are a little lighter and smoother. This particular malbec, Punto Final, was from Italy and just perfect with my lasagna. It's not heavy as the Argentinian malbecs and a bit drier. While it was excellent with pasta, I could also see pairing it up with a grilled steak or pork chops -- you might even get away with serving it with a rich poultry dish as well. I'll be putting Punto Final on the top of my wine shopping list. Thanks again, Kleo you sure know your malbecs.

No comments: